So I decided to be a sweet wifey the other day and make Big Daddy something special for dinner. Often, when we go out to eat, he’ll get a lamb dish, but we’ve never cooked lamb at home. I picked a nice looking rack of lamb up at the grocery this morning and although they were on the small side, they still looked good. I knew he’d be happy with Grilled Lamb Lollipops. Especially with a name like ‘lollipops’, who wouldn’t like that, right?
So I marinated them for a couple of hours. Actually, I marinated them while I prepped and cooked the side dishes so it wasn’t quite 2 hours.
Grilled Lamb Lollipops Menu:
Do you grill? What’s your favorite food to grill?
Don’t they look skee-rumptious??
Grilled Lamb Lollipops
- 2- 8- rib rack of lamb
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juie
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a zip top bag. Add lamb, marinate in refrigerator 2 hours minimum or up to 8 hours.
- Remove lamb from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill, without grill lid, over medium coals (300 to 350 degrees F) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until thermometer inserted in thickest portion register 150 degrees for medium rare or160 degrees for medium. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into individual, one-bone 'lollipops'.
- Serve as meal or appetizer
You may also like these side dishes to go with the Grilled Lamb Lollipops