A beautiful bundt cake that’s buttery, lightly lemon flavored and filled with a lemon cream cheese filling, this Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake starts with a cake mix.
Bright and sweet, Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake is the perfect spring time dessert recipe.
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake was my first act of procrastination today. Seriously, when there’s a deadline, I can put something off until past the last-minute. Coincidently, this cake was not my deadline.
Not only did I decide that I definitely had to make a Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake to-day, immediately after I made this cake, I started organizing 9 years worth of Facebook photos. I mean, really, who does that? I spent 3 hours on organizing and rearranging. I’m sure I flooded the feed with the album of my dog, selfies and food photographs.
Maybe I should publish a book of selfies a la Kim Kardashian… somehow I don’t think I have the same, er, assets as she does.
Ok, sorry, focus, Paula, focus.
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are so pretty and this Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake makes me think of spring. Lemon makes me think of spring.
The cream filling is made of cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. It’s tart and sweet. I opted for freshly squeezed lemon juice, but if you forget to pick up lemons, you can used jarred lemon juice.
I topped the cake with a simple glaze of powdered sugar, again freshly squeezed lemon juice and apricot nectar. Yes, apricot nectar. Apricot nectar is also in the cake. It doesn’t taste like apricot, it just gives the cake and glaze a nice fruity flavor that pairs well with the lemon without being tart. Apricot nectar comes in a can and is usually on the juice isle of the grocery store.
Now for the cake. The cake starts with a cake mix; you know how I like to use cookie and cake mixes. This Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake is rich and dense with a pound cake like texture; a small crumb is actually what it’s called. However, it’s not overly sweet. The combination of the filling, the glaze and the cake all work well together. This is one of my favorite cakes.
Don’t miss a single recipe, sign up for my weekly email!
- 1 package butter flavored yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- zest of one lemon about 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot nectar
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth. Fill a zip-top bag with filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Cream butter, add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add cake mix and apricot nectar and stir until combined and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Spoon half the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Snip the end off the zip-top bag that's loaded with filling mixture.
- Squeeze filing in a channel in the center of the cake batter in bundt pan.
- Top with remaining half of cake batter. Smooth top flat.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Test with a wooden pick.
- Cool on a wire rack 30 to 45 minutes before inverting on a serving tray.
- With a whisk, stir 1 cup confectioner sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon apricot nectar. (Add more apricot nectar one teaspoon at a time if glaze is too thick.)
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
More recipes you may like
Sharing at these parties. I hope you enjoy this Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake!