This beautiful Lemon Bundt Cake is buttery, with a light flavor and a filling of lemon
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake was my first act of procrastination today. Seriously, when there’s a deadline, I can put something off until past the last-minute. Coincidently, this cake was not my deadline.
Not only did I decide that I definitely had to make cake to-day, immediately after I made this cake, but I also started organizing 9 years’ worth of Facebook photos. I mean, really, who does that? I spent 3 hours on organizing and rearranging. I’m sure I flooded the feed with the album of my dog, selfies and food photographs.
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are so pretty and this cake makes me think of spring. Lemon makes me think of spring.
The cream filling is made of
I topped the cake with a simple glaze of powdered sugar, again freshly squeezed lemon juice and apricot nectar. Yes, apricot nectar. Apricot nectar is also in the cake. It doesn’t taste like apricot, it just gives the cake and glazes a nice fruity flavor that pairs well with the lemon without being tart.
Apricot nectar comes in a can and is usually on the juice aisle of the grocery store.
Cake Recipe Tips
The recipe starts with a cake mix; you know how I like to use cookie and cake mixes. This bundt cake is rich and dense with a pound cake-like texture; a small crumb is the technical name for it.
However, it’s not overly sweet. The combination of the cake and filling with the sweet glaze all work wonderfully together. This is one of my favorite boxed cake mix recipes.
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 package cake mix butter flavored yellow
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium lemon zested, about 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 medium lemon juiced, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot nectar
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth. Fill a zip-top bag with filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Cream butter, add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add cake mix and apricot nectar and stir until combined and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Spoon half the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Snip the end off the zip-top bag that’s loaded with filling mixture.
- Squeeze the filling in a channel in the center of the cake batter in a bundt pan.
- Top with remaining half of cake batter. Smooth top flat.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Test with a wooden pick.
- Cool on a wire rack 30 to 45 minutes before inverting on a serving tray.
- With a whisk, stir 1 cup confectioner sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon apricot nectar. (Add more apricot nectar one teaspoon at a time if glaze is too thick.)
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.