A beautiful bundt cake that’s buttery, lightly lemon flavored and filled with a lemon cream cheese filling, this Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake starts with a cake mix.
Bright and sweet, this cake is the perfect springtime dessert recipe.
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake was my first act of procrastination today. Seriously, when there’s a deadline, I can put something off until past the last-minute. Coincidently, this cake was not my deadline.
Not only did I decide that I definitely had to make cake to-day, immediately after I made this cake, but I also started organizing 9 years’ worth of Facebook photos. I mean, really, who does that? I spent 3 hours on organizing and rearranging. I’m sure I flooded the feed with the album of my dog, selfies and food photographs.
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are so pretty and this cake makes me think of spring. Lemon makes me think of spring.
The cream filling is made of cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice. It’s tart and sweet. I opted for freshly squeezed lemon juice, but if you forget to pick up lemons, you can use jarred lemon juice.
I topped the cake with a simple glaze of powdered sugar, again freshly squeezed lemon juice and apricot nectar. Yes, apricot nectar. Apricot nectar is also in the cake. It doesn’t taste like apricot, it just gives the cake and glazes a nice fruity flavor that pairs well with the lemon without being tart.
Apricot nectar comes in a can and is usually on the juice aisle of the grocery store.
The cake starts with a cake mix; you know how I like to use cookie and cake mixes. This bundt cake is rich and dense with a pound cake-like texture; a small crumb is actually what it’s called. However, it’s not overly sweet. The combination of the cake and filling with the sweet glaze all work wonderfully together.
This is one of my favorite cakes.
Don’t miss a single recipe, sign up for my weekly email!
Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium lemon zested, about 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 medium lemon juiced, about 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apricot nectar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Cream butter, add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Add cake mix and apricot nectar and stir until combined and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Spoon half the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Snip the end off the zip-top bag that's loaded with filling mixture.
- Squeeze the filling in a channel in the center of the cake batter in a bundt pan.
- Top with remaining half of cake batter. Smooth top flat.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Test with a wooden pick.
- Cool on a wire rack 30 to 45 minutes before inverting on a serving tray.
- With a whisk, stir 1 cup confectioner sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon apricot nectar. (Add more apricot nectar one teaspoon at a time if glaze is too thick.)
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
More recipes you may like
Sharing at these parties. I hope you enjoy this Cream Filled Lemon Bundt Cake!