With it’s 20 minute prep time, this Easy Chili Garlic Noodles Recipe will become your new weeknight staple. They’re garlicky, spicy, and make a great last-minute meal or base for your noodle bowl.
When making this recipe, you may think there isn’t enough sauce for the amount of pasta. The sauce has strong flavors. I found it sufficient to flavor the pasta.
EASY CHILI GARLIC NOODLES RECIPE
Recommendations for a less spicy substitution
- Harissa chili paste. However, some reviews claim you won’t get the same depth of flavor with harissa. Still, others say it’s just as hot as chili garlic paste. I have not tried this recipe with harissa chili paste yet. I did find these brands if you want to go this route.
- Another option, you could make chili garlic paste from scratch and choose the pepper depending on the level of heat you want.
- Furthermore, you can also use half the amount of chili garlic paste in this recipe.
- I do not recommend hot sauce nor do I recommend ketchup for this recipe.
TIPS AND SUCH
- I also want to mention that Chili Garlic Sauce and Chili Garlic Paste are the same things. You may see them both ways in recipes.
- However, Chili Garlic Paste is different than Sriracha sauce.
- I used regular noodles, but you can use ramen, udon, rice, carb-free, whatever pasta you choose.
- As well, I used linguine pasta, but you can use spaghetti, fettuccine, or angel hair.
- I used three shallots or about 1/2 cup. Shallots have a delicate, slightly sweet flavor, but you can substitute yellow or Vidalia onions in the same amount in recipes.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- Finally, you can add chicken. As well you could add broccoli, bok choy, cabbage, or peppers to these noodles. I would add two cups, but you can add as much as you want. If you add vegetables, saute’ them with the shallots.
Pasta portion recommendations suggest 2 ounces of cooked pasta is enough for a first course or side. Whereas, 4 ounces of cooked pasta equals one entree serving or 2 cups cooked pasta. This recipe has 8 ounces or two entree servings. I find 2 cups of pasta to be a generous serving!
Lastly, let’s discuss sesame oil. Sesame oil is derived from sesame seeds and is popular in Asian cuisine. It has a nutty aroma and taste. Sesame oil is high in antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is good for your heart.
Sesame oil is more expensive than other oils. However, it has a strong flavor and a little really does go a long way.
Store your sesame oil in a cool, dry area, away from sunlight or heat sources.
I bet you’ll love these recipes too!!
- Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
- Ground Turkey Pot Stickers
- Thai Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Potsticker Pasta Salad
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Ground Beef Mongolian Noodles
- Sriracha Ramen Noodle
- Panda Express Chow Mein Copycat
Easy Chili Garlic Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces noodles see notes above
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium shallots thinly sliced
- 1 and ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ cup green onions thinly sliced (plus some for garnish)
- 4 medium garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce see post above for substitutes
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Cook the noodles according to the расkаgе іnѕtruсtіоnѕ. Drаіn.
- In a lаrgе skillet оvеr mеdіum hеаt, heat оіl. Add shallots аnd cook until golden аnd сrіѕру. This will take about 5 mіntutеѕ. Remove the ѕhаllоtѕ from the pan to drain on a рареr towel-lined рlаtе.
- Add ѕеѕаmе оіl tо the ѕkіllеt. Whеn the sesame оіl іѕ frаgrаnt, add the grееn onions and gаrlіс аnd сооk for one mіnutе.
- Next add ѕоу ѕаuсе, сhіlі garlic ѕаuсе, lіmе juісе, and brоwn ѕugаr. Sіmmеr until ѕаuсе hаѕ rеduсеd ѕlіghtlу, 3 tо 5 mіnutеѕ.
- Add the сооkеd noodles аnd tоѕѕ tо соmbіnе.
- Add the сrіѕру ѕhаllоtѕ and mоrе grееn оnіоnѕ to garnish. Sеrvе іmmеdіаtеlу.