Fizzy Blood Orange Margarita is made with fresh blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila, and agave. It’s topped off with club soda for a nice fizz and served in a salt-rimmed glass for yet another flavor sensation. It’s refreshing, sweet, and tart.
FIZZY BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA
Blood oranges are citrus fruit that looks like traditional oranges on the outside but has a deep crimson flesh. As well, they taste more floral and tart than traditional oranges. Some people even say they have hints of raspberry flavor.
Blood oranges are in season from December to May depending on the variety. Now is prime time for you to make this cocktail!
also…. a word about margaritas in general.
Did you know that margaritas are in the International Bartender Association’s IBA official cocktails list. Basically, this means it is an official internationally recognized cocktail. “The classic margarita is made with tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. It is most often served with salt on the rim of the glass.”
BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA INGREDIENTS & METHOD
I use basic ingredients for the cocktail:
- Blood orange juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Tequila. I prefer silver tequila for this.
- Lime juice. Freshly squeezed.
- Agave. You can also use honey or simple syrup.
- Cointreau. You can sub Triple Sec.
- Club Soda. You can use regular or light.
- First, rim your glasses.
- Next, add ice and the remaining ingredients except for club soda.
- Give it a nice shake.
- Strain into your glass and top with club soda.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
HOW DO I MAKE A SALT RIM?
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl of water, lime juice, or lemon juice. Dip the rim of your glass into the liquid. Alternatively, you could cut a lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it.
- Step two, you want to evenly dip the rim into the sugar, salt, or whatever you’re riming the glass with. I have used nonpareils and chocolate. You may want to use coconut or sprinkles, dependingly on what you’re serving. Get creative. One trend I’ve been noticing lately at bars and restaurants, they are only rimming half of the glass. That’s why, If you notice the photos, I rimmed half of the glass.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour it into your glass.
Furthermore, you can multiply the amounts and make it for a crowd. Pour the ingredients into a pitcher and stir.
FOR THE GARNISH
SHOP THIS POST
- Globe cocktail glasses. (similar to these are option 1 and option 2) I am completely in love with these glasses!!
- Cocktail cutting board.
- Margarita salt.
While you’re here, check out these drinks
(click the photo to open the recipes for photos below)
- Dill Pickle Martini
- Blackberry Lemonade Margarita Smash
- Pineapple Margarita
- Damn Good Sunset Margarita Cocktail
- Skinny Margarita
- Bikini Martini
- Rudolph’s Tipsy Punch
- Fizzy Bourbon Lemonade
- Jungle Bird Cocktail
- Raspberry Peach Bourbon Smash
FIZZY BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 3 ounces blood orange juice about 4 oranges
- 1.5 ounce lime juice about 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ½ ounce Cointreau orange liqueur
- 1 - 2 ounces club soda
- margarita salt, blood orange slice, and lime slice for garnish
- Pour salt on a small plate. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of your margarita glass. Dip the glass into the salt so half or the entire rim is covered in margarita salt.
- Add ice cubes to the glass and set them aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour the tequila, freshly squeezed blood orange juice, lime juice, agave, and Cointreau to the shaker.
- Put the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain the margarita into your glasses, add a splash of club soda to the top, and garnish them with a slice of blood orange and/or lime wedge or wheel. Serve.