Hibiscus Pomegranate Margarita is a festive twist to the classic margarita. It’s a super easy and incredibly refreshing cocktail recipe that’s great for any occasion and especially perfect for Christmas and the holidays!
HIBISCUS POMEGRANATE MARGARITA
This hibiscus pomegranate margarita recipe is a lovely twist on the classic margarita and boy is it delicious! It’s a combination of sweet homemade syrup and tangy pomegranate juice.
As well, it looks beautiful any time of the year, especially during the holidays because of its gorgeous, rich red color.
The key to this cocktail is the Hibiscus Pomegranate syrup. You’ll heat hibiscus flowers in pomegranate juice and sugar. Hibiscus reacts similarly to tea and flavors the pomegranate juice. Sugar sweetens it.
- Hibiscus flowers. You can get them here at Walmart or Amazon.
- Pomegranate juice. Look for 100% fresh pomegranate juice. I like this brand.
For the cocktail
- Hibiscus pomegranate syrup (using the recipe above)
- Tequila. I prefer Blanco or silver tequila for this margarita. I like Casamigos Blanco, Fortaleza Blanco, 123 Organic Blanco Tequila, Don Abraham Organic Blanco, and better know tequilas, Don Julio Blanco and Patron Silver. You can use silver, Blanco, or white tequila of your choice.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Triple sec.
- Personally, I think garnishes on cocktails elevate them. Garnish this margarita is a rosemary sprig, hibiscus flowers, or pomegranate arils.
WHAT IS TRIPLE SEC?
Triple sec is an orange-flavored liqueur made from dried orange peels. You can drink it neat as an after-dinner treat, but it’s usually added to margaritas, cosmopolitans, sidecars, and other mixed drinks.
WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE FOR TRIPLE SEC?
- Cointreau is a balance between sweet and bitter. It’s higher quality than Triple Sec and is great in margaritas.
- Grand Marnier is a French orange liqueur that blends Cognac, bitter orange, and sugar.
- Orange Curacao is a liqueur flavored with a dried peel of bitter orange.
MORE LIKE HIBISCUS POMEGRANATE COCKTAIL
I’m obsessed with these simple and easy cocktails since first having one at a restaurant. They’re so refreshing, tasty, and perfect for the holiday season.
If you’d like to try some of my other cocktail recipes, check out the list below.
- Dill Pickle Martini
- Blackberry Lemonade Margarita Smash
- Pineapple Margarita
- Damn Good Sunset Margarita Cocktail
- Skinny Margarita
- Bikini Martini
- Classic Margarita
- Rudolph’s Tipsy Punch
- Fizzy Bourbon Lemonade
- Raspberry Peach Bourbon Smash
Got any questions? I’m happy to help. If you enjoy this recipe, I hope you’ll leave a comment with 5 STARS. Your 5-star rating helps others find our recipe when they do a Google search. Thanks!
HIBISCUS POMEGRANATE MARGARITA
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
Hibiscus Pomegranate syrup (*see notes)
- 1 and ½ ounce Hibiscus Pomegranate syrup
- 1 and ½ ounce clear tequila
- 1 medium lime juice
- ½ ounces triple sec
- Rosemary, pomegranate, or hibiscus flowers.
Hibiscus Pomegranate syrup
- In a small saucepan, place the sugar, juice, and hibiscus flowers. Mix and place on low to medium heat for about 5 minutes or until you notice that it has thickened and you cannot see any sugar left.
- Turn off the heat, and set aside. Let it cool to room temperature before using.
- In a cocktail shaker, add some ice, your hibiscus pomegranate simple syrup, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice.
- Strain into your coupe glass and garnish with extra pomegranate, hibiscus flowers, rosemary, or other edible flowers.