This festive holiday Mistletoe Margarita Recipe is salty, sweet, icy, and perfectly delicious. Celebrate the season with a cold frosty drink by the fire with friends.
This recipe is perfect for you!
Over the years, I’ve found the best parties are the result of smart planning and simple drinks and appetizers. Even if you have a bartender, you want your guests to enjoy cocktails not wait for fancy cocktails to be made. Therefore, my motto is to keep it simple and festive.
Speaking of simple, this is such a simple drink and one almost every loves even if you don’t like traditional margaritas. It’s made with tequila and cranberry juice with hints of lime and orange then sweetened with honey.
CAN I MAKE FROZEN MISTLETOE MARGARITA RECIPE?
Yes, absolutely, it’s simple to do.
Combine cranberry juice, tequila, lime juice, orange juice, honey, and ice in a large blender. Blend until smooth. Pour Topo Chico in after it’s blended to the consistency you like and stir to combine.
Pour into pretty glasses and garnish.
I didn’t rim the glass in the photos. It’s optional.
HOW DO I MAKE A SALT OR SUGAR RIM?
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl of water, lime juice, or lemon juice. Dip the rim of your glass into the liquid. Alternatively, you could cut a lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it.
- Step two, you want to evenly dip the rim into the sugar, salt, or whatever you’re riming the glass with. I have used chocolate and caramel to the rim on appropriate cocktails. You may want to use coconut or sprinkles, dependingly on what you’re serving. Get creative.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour it into your glass.
While you’re here, check out these drinks
- Cranberry Old Fashioned
- Dill Pickle Martini
- Blackberry Lemonade Margarita Smash
- Pineapple Margarita
- Damn Good Sunset Margarita Cocktail
- Skinny Margarita
- Bikini Martini
- Rudolph’s Tipsy Punch
- Fizzy Bourbon Lemonade
- Raspberry Peach Bourbon Smash
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- ⅔ cup cranberry juice no sugar added
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 ounce orange juice freshly squeezed, you can add zest if desired
- 2 teaspoons honey more or less to taste
- top your 2 drinks with Topo Chico or other sparkling water
- garnish with cranberries and rosemary sprig or mint sprig
- 1 medium lime cut into wedges to wet glass rim
- ⅓ cup salt or salt for rim
- 1 and ½ cup ice
- Using the lime wedge, wet the rim of each glass, then dip it into your salt. Coat the entire rime.
- Add equal amounts of ice to glasses.
- Add equal amounts of cranberry juice, lime juice, orange juice, tequila and honey over the ice. Top it off with Topo Chico or another sparkling water. Gently stir
- Garnish with cranberries and sprigs of rosemary or mint. Serve.