Quick Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is a quick and easy meal that’s packed with tender shrimp in a rich, creamy, and cheesy garlic Parmesan sauce that clings perfectly to the fettuccine pasta.
QUICK SHRIMP FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
I typically don’t think about shrimp for a weeknight dinner meal. I’m trying to lean into that more because shrimp cooks so incredibly quickly. Therefore, it’s perfect for busy nights. It’s also the perfect company-worthy meal. Ace this shrimp fettuccine alfredo recipe and you’ll be ready for guests or busy evenings with the family.
What you need to make this Quick Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
(Scroll down to the printable recipe card for details and measurements.)
- Fettuccine pasta.
- Unsalted butter.
- Salt and pepper.
- Garlic. Get accustomed to using fresh garlic cloves in all your recipes. It really makes a big difference in the flavor.
- Heavy cream.
- Hot spaghetti water. Get into the habit of reserving the water off your pasta. It’s great to thin out your sauce later if you need it. You can toss it once the dish is complete.
- Egg yolk.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Parsley. For garnish
As well, this is a great recipe to sneak vegetables in. Consider adding mushrooms, English peas, sugar peas, or broccoli.
Tips for Quick Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
- Take care not to overcook the pasta. Cook it to al dente. Mushy pasta is not ideal.
- As well, do not overcook the shrimp. Shrimp cooks very quickly, as soon as they turn pink they are done, remove from the heat so they don’t get rubbery. You can always use precooked shrimp instead.
- Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Do not use the powder parmesan. Pre-shredded is coated and doesn’t melt smoothly.
- For a creamy alfredo sauce, using egg yolk is key. But you don’t want it to scramble, so you want to whisk, whisk, whisk so it stays smooth and creamy.
- Medium to large raw shrimp are preferred for this recipe, and if you are using frozen, make sure they thaw and are patted dry before cooking. Never cook frozen shrimp, they will get soggy from all the moisture.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little hot spaghetti water to thin, but again, make sure to whisk continually so the egg yolk doesn’t scramble.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SHRIMP FETTUCCINE
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Information can vary depending on various factors, but I have endeavored to be as accurate as possible.
MORE RECIPES YOU’RE SURE TO ENJOY!
- Seafood Pasta Bake
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Bake
- 3 Cheese Beef Pasta Bake
- Sausage Pepperoni Penne Pasta Bake
- Greek Seafood Nachos
- Fish Nachos
- Chicken and Shrimp Nachos
- Sausage Crawfish Poutine Cheese Fries
- Cajun Etouffee Nachos
- Italian Nachos
- Loaded Nachos
QUICK SHRIMP FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled, deveined, tails removed & patted dry
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup hot spaghetti water
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1.5 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, minus 1 minute. They will cook a little more in the sauce so you don’t want them overcooked.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and cook the garlic for 2 minutes, whisk in the cream, making sure it doesn’t heat too quickly and curdle.
- In a small bowl, whisk a half cup of the hot spaghetti water into the egg, then set aside.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the hot cream and stir till melted, turn on low. Slowly whisk in the egg, making sure not to curdle. Remove from the heat.
- Add the noodles and toss to coat, add the shrimp and garnish with parsley.