Ah, the Super Bowl..
Let’s bond over good food, good drinks and amazing commercials,oh, and the football game!
Let’s do it all over this Hot Crawfish Cheese Dip.
I love commercials.
I love football.
I love food!
Superbowl Sunday is like, the perfect day for me!
During the holidays I tried to clean and organize a little. I started on my pantry. If you go in there, well, you may not find your way out. I was cleaning and staying focused until I picked up my recipe box.
The bad news is my pantry is still a wreck. But, the good news is I came across the Hot Crawfish Cheese Dip. I haven’t made it in years. I knew immediately I wanted to make it for Super Bowl Sunday!
I love creamy dips. I could really make a meal on them if I let myself. I especially love this Crawfish Dip. It’s packs some heat, but you can totally adjust that to as much or as little kick as you want. Remember, adjust any recipe to your preferences. I, also, love crawfish, but I don’t like to peel them. It’s a lot of work for a little cupful! That’s why I like to buy crawfish already peeled and ready to use. Most of the time when I make this dip I put everything in a slow cooker and turn in on low. Stir it after the cheese begins to melt. That’s it. Easy, right? If you’re serving it for a party, keep it on low and it’ll stay creamy and warm for the whole party.
An alternate way to make it is to heat the ingredients on the stove, place in a oven-safe dish and cover the top with white cheddar cheese. Bake it in the oven until hot and bubbly and the cheese on top melts. Then you’ll serve it with salty chips or crackers!
- 2 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pkg (1 lb) frozen crawfish tails
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese (more if you want to melt some on top)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Slow cooker method:Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and heat on low until melted. Stir frequently.
- Oven method: Combine all ingredients and place in an oven safe dish. Top with more cheddar cheese and bake until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
More dips you may like: