Irish Pub-Style Potato Nachos are an Irish twist of popular comfort food. Potato fries form the base for shredded roast, cheese, and more!
I have what I call Encore Dish recipes. Basically, they are my Cook-Once-Eat-Twice strategy for completely transforming leftovers into an new and exciting ‘Encore’ meal.
This is the Encore Dish to that super easy Two Pack Slow Cooker Roast. A little planning can save you a lot of time in the kitchen and a lot of money that you won’t have to spend going through the drive-through.
The thing about nachos is they’re great when you have leftovers. You can easily customize them to your personal preference. Finally, they can be made quickly and easily!
I started with crispy, seasoned potato waffles fries. Next, I loaded them with hearty, juicy roast, and melty cheese. These aren’t your typical nachos, but they delicious. This is a great way to use leftover beef roast.
WHAT ARE IRISH PUB-STYLE POTATO NACHOS?
They’re nachos made with waffle fries instead of tortilla chips. Then they’re topped with roast beef (or corned beef, if you prefer), cheese, onions, sour cream, and whatever else you want to load on top!
I’m sure these are authentic Irish pub food. However, in America, a lot of Irish themed bars serve these.
HOW DO YOU MAKE IRISH PUB-STYLE POTATO NACHOS?
Irish Nachos are very easy to make.
- They start with frying or baking waffle fries.
- Next, I used leftover Slow Cooker Beef Roast. (I always make extra roast for either hoagies or nachos.) Alternatively, you can use corned beef.
- I made gravy from the roast drippings because I like messy, gooey, as well as cheesy nachos. But, you can skip the gravy if you want.
- Once you cook the fries and gravy, you’ll build the nachos by layering the fries, roast, gravy, cheese, green onions, and any other toppings that you want in an oven-safe pan.
- Place the nachos in the oven and cook until the cheese melts and they are heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
By using leftover roast, the hardest part of this recipe is already done!
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- 3 Ingredient Slow Cooker Roast
- 2 Pack Slow Cooker Roast
- Grand Escape Steak Sandwich
- 18 Quick Pasta Meals
- Easier than Take-out Slow Cooker Roast
- Baked Cheddar Roast Beef Sliders
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Irish Pub-Style Potato Nachos
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 22 ounces waffle fries baked or cooked per package instructions
- 2 cups Slow Cooker Roast shredded, I used this recipe
- 1-2 cups brown gravy recipe below
- 2 cups cheddar/Colby cheese shredded
- 3 Tablespoons green onions You could also use diced yellow or red onions
- Optional: sautéed green or red peppers caramelized onions
- 4 Tablespoon vegetable shortening you can also add fat from the roast
- 4 Tablespoon self-rising flour
- 2 cups liquid from roast beef stock, or water
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven per instructions on the bag of fries. Bake fries according to package.
- While the fries are cooking, place roast in foil and heat in the oven.
- Next, prepare the gravy.
- Heat a medium-size skillet on medium-high heat. Add shortening (or fat) to the skillet and allow it to melt. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes until flour is lightly browned. Add salt and pepper (I use about 1/4 tsp each, but add to your liking) then add liquid from the roast or beef stock. (Obviously, the roast broth or beef stock will add more flavor.) Whisk and cook until the gravy begins to get thick.
- Serve immediately over Roast and Potato Nachos.
Build the nachos
- Layer fries, roast, gravy, cheese, then optional toppings. Place in the oven until cheese melts. Serve immediately.