My version of Bananas Foster, Peanut Butter Bread Bananas Foster Bananas, is a decadent rum-lace caramel sauce over peanut butter bread. It’s made with sliced bananas, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter bread and tastes absolutely amazing!
This famous New Orleans dessert is the epitome of decadence!
WHAT IS BANANAS FOSTER?
Bananas Foster is a dessert made from bananas and vanilla ice cream, with a sauce made from butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, dark rum, and banana liqueur. The butter, sugar, and bananas are cooked, and then alcohol is added and ignited. The bananas and sauce are then served over the ice cream.
Owen Brennan, owner of Brennan’s Restaurant, challenged chef Paul Blangé in 1951 to create a dessert with bananas. Chef Paul named the dessert after Richard Foster who was a regular at the restaurant.
PEANUT BUTTER BREAD BANANAS FOSTER
WHAT BANANAS ARE BEST?
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR PEANUT BUTTER BREAD BANANAS FOSTER
Peanut Butter Bread Bananas Foster (Serves 6 to 8), you’ll need one loaf of Peanut Butter Bread. This bread is not very sweet. It’s almost like coffee cake and therefore good for breakfast as well.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
You may also like these recipes
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Old Fashioned No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter M&M Snickers Cookies
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Balls
- Sheet Pan Pound Cake
- Nutella Swirled Peanut Butter Roasted Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Bread Bananas Foster
- Combine the butter and sugar in a medium-size skillet. Place the pan over low heat on top of the stove, and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the bananas in the pan. When the banana slices soften and begin to brown, carefully add the rum. Continue to cook the sauce until the rum is hot, then tip the pan slightly to ignite the rum. When the flames subside, spoon the bananas out of the pan and over slices of Peanut Butter Bread.
- Generously spoon warm sauce over the top of the ice cream and serve immediately. Add a scoop of vanilla if desired.