Peanut Butter Bread Bananas Foster
- One loaf Peanut Butter Bread this bread is not very sweet, almost like coffee cake, good for breakfast
- 4 medium size ripe bananas
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c rum
- vanilla ice cream optional, but good
- Cut bananas in half crosswise and lengthwise. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add bananas to skillet and remove from heat. Stir in rum and carefully ignite with a long match or lighter. Let the flames cook off and die down. Return skillet to heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bananas are soft. Remove from heat. Pour over plated Peanut Butter Bread. Serve immediately with ice cream. Enjoy!!