Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake Churros buttery soft inside with toasted sides covered in sugar and pumpkin spice. This recipe is the perfect dessert bite.
If petit fours and churros had a baby it would be these pumpkin spice pound cake churros. Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake Churros have the same soft, moist cake as a petit four with that wonderful sugary spicy crunchy outside. You’ll find it hard to stop popping these bite-sized treats into your mouth time after time after time. They are so good and so hard to stop eating.
By now you know how obsessed with pound cakes that I am. If you don’t know then click over to Pound Cakes Reviewed to see all the pound cakes I made and critiqued for you. I’ve tested 32 thus far and counting. I kept thinking of new ones and readers keep suggesting classics for me to review.
Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake Churros
- This is a great recipe to use old pound cake that is not fresh and getting dry, if you ever have old, not fresh pound cake. I don’t usually. I make a fresh pound cake and use it.
- Use a sturdy, classic pound cake for this recipe. I suggest the Mile High Pound Cake, the Million Dollar Pound Cake, the Whipping Cream Pound Cake, or the Sour Cream Pound Cake. Any plain pound cake will work, I don’t recommend a pound cake with fruit or nuts in it.
- As well, when in a pinch you can use a store-bought pound cake.
- Also, try cinnamon or apple spice instead of the pumpkin spice.
- These bite-size morsels make a great dessert finger food for your frou frou ladies’ luncheons, wedding or baby showers.
- I used both oil and butter in which to toast the pound cake cubes. The oil keeps the butter from burning therefore, I do recommend using both.
You may also enjoy these delish pumpkin recipes
Pumpkin Spice Pound Cake Churros have the same soft, moist cake as a petit four with that wonderful sugary spicy crunchy outside.
1 pound cake will serve a large crowd at 1-2 pieces each.
- 16 ounces of pound cake homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter not margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or to your taste
Slice the pound cake into approximately 1-inch cubes
In a large zip-top bag mix sugar and spice.
Add oil and butter to a large pan over medium heat. Add half the pound cake cubes. Toast and brown the cubes on all sides.
Immediately toss into the sugar mixture and toss lightly to coat.
Gently remove to a tray while you cook the remaining cake.
Serve immediately. Or after cooled store in an airtight container. (I prefer them warm.)
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula