Pound Cake Churro Cubes are simple, bite-sized dessert treats that are fun to make and delicious to eat! You’ll love Pound Cake Churros with they’re buttery pound cake texture, crispy outside, and cinnamon-sugar coating!
I make a lot of pound cake recipes and sometimes we don’t get one eaten before it gets a little dry. Besides a dessert sandwich, I was trying to think of a good way to breathe new life into a day-old pound cake.
POUND CAKE CHURRO CUBES
If you love cinnamon and you love pound cake, there’s a, um, dare I say 100% chance you’ll like these Pound Cake Churro Cubes. Pound cake chunks are lightly toasted in butter and then rolled in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Coating them in deliciousness much like traditional churros.
Churros are a long strip of dough that’s deep-fried and then rolled in cinnamon and sugar. They are much like a doughnut but straight instead of round.
Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices to use. Cinnamon is a warm, earthy spice that pairs nicely with apples and pumpkins. It’s the quintessential spice to use during the fall.
And, cinnamon rolls are my all-time favorite pastry. I like them so much I’ve shared several different recipes for cinnamon rolls with you, including Snickers Bars Cinnamon Rolls, Birthday Cake Cinnamon Rolls, Quick Biscuit Cinnamon Rolls, and even a Carrot Cake Cinnamon Roll. These Pound Cake Churro Cubes taste a lot like a cinnamon rolls
When you just need a bite of something sweet or when you are entertaining, Pound Cake Churro Cubes are the perfect treat!
POUND CAKE CHURROS
- You can use angel food cake, or any cake, actually. I prefer the dense pound cake
- As well, during the fall, you may want to substitute pumpkin spice for the cinnamon. Apple pie spice would also be tasty.
- Additionally, A Cream Cheese Glaze or Caramel Sauce would be awesome drizzled on top. A raspberry sauce or simple Nutella would also be good.
- I enjoy the kids helping in the kitchen and this is an easy recipe for them.
Pound Cake Churro Cubes
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Slice the pound cake into approximately 1-inch cubes
- In a large zip-top bag mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Add oil and butter to a large pan over medium heat. Add half the pound cake cubes. Toast and brown the cubes on all sides.
- Immediately toss into the sugar mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Gently remove to a tray while you cook the remaining cake.
- Serve immediately. Or after cooled store in an airtight container. (I prefer them warm.)