Slow Cooker Caribbean Pot Roast recipe is easy to make with only a few minutes of hands-on prep time. This economical cut of meat is transformed into a tender, flavorful, hearty meal in the slow cooker with Caribbean seasonings, low heat, and time.
SLOW COOKER CARIBBEAN POT ROAST
WHAT IS POT ROAST?
Pot roast is a big, tough cut of beef. Typically, it’s priced cheaply. Tough cuts are perfect for slow cooking. You can sear, cover, and cook these cuts slowly in the oven or slow cooker with herbs and veggies until they are fall-apart tender.
WHAT BEEF CUTS DO I USE?
The nice thing about beef pot roast is that you can use inexpensive cuts of meat. Tough cuts with lots of connective tissue like chuck, brisket, and round are perfect to cook low and slow.
Cooking it ‘low and slow’ in the crockpot for incredibly tender and juicy.
Chuck: Chuck roast, shoulder steak, boneless chuck roast, chuck shoulder pot roast, chuck seven-bone pot roast, or beef chuck arm. My first choice for pot roast. It has outstanding marbling, making the roast tender and juicy
Brisket: Brisket comes from the well-exercised breast section of the cow, and this means it has a lot of connective tissue. It’s most known for barbecue recipes and typically cooked in a smoker. However, brisket makes a great pot roast.
Round: Rump roast or bottom round. It is leaner than either the brisket or chuck, so you may need to add some additional fat to prevent your pot roast from drying out.
Slow cooking these cuts breaks the collagen down, tenderizing the meat. The beef releases its juices into the broth, providing your roast with incredible flavor. Adding flour or cornstarch thickens the juices into gravy.
For leftovers, I enjoy making hoagies.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CARIBBEAN POT ROAST
- PREP: Brown the roast and add it to the slow cooker with seasonings.
- COOK: Cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 8 to 9 hours until the beef is fork-tender.
- SHRED: Using forks, shred the beef and return it to the juices. Stir to combine and let it warm for at least 20 minutes.
To Serve: You can serve the roast alone with sides like Creamed Spinach, Parmesan Noodles, and Soft Fluffy Yeast Rolls. I also like to make Hoagies or Sliders. (Slider and hoagies are great for parties and game day.)
WHILE YOU’RE HERE CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Creamy Italian Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
- Red Wine Pomegranate Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
- Three Pack Slow Cooker Roast
Tools to making this roast recipe:
Finally, Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
SLOW COOKER CARIBBEAN POT ROAST
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 3 pound beef chuck roast boneless
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and stemmed
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 cup onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest and juice medium orange
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- Place roast in a slow cooker and turn the slow cooker on low.
- In a food processor, chop jalapeno, onion, and garlic until minced.
- In a bowl, add minced ingredients above with the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- *Optional - remove roast from broth and shred. Add 1 tablespoon flour to broth and whisk. Return the meat to the slow cooker and cook another 30 minutes on high uncovered.
- Serve hot.
- Stove leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it'll last for 4 days.