How can you make a dessert that you can’t stop eating better? You add a s’mores topping like I did in S’mores Crack Candy Recipe!
I make a cookie and candy tray for my friends every year. I always try to include favorites along with something new. I’ve only had Indoors Chocolate Mint S’mores from the S’mores family on callmepmc.com previously. I thought I’d make a treat that included this campout favorite that I could share with friends and on here this year.
If you remember I made Crack Candy Ice Cream this summer. I’m basically making this S’mores Crack Candy Recipe the same way, toasting marshmallows on top and drizzle rich dark chocolate over it all! It’s all good!
What is crack candy?
You’ve may have heard ‘crack candy’ referred to as some of these names. Sweet & Salty Toffee, Saltine Toffee, Saltine Toffee Candy, Christmas Crack, Chocolate Saltine Toffee Candy and Crack Candy. They’re all basically the same.
A rose by any other name….
I have used Saltine crackers, but I usually make them with graham crackers. The crackers are then topped with a layer of caramel, nuts and chocolate.
One bite and you’ll understand why it’s called ‘Crack Candy’. It’s addictive. I challenge you to just eat one!
Just look, it’s a thing of beauty, dontcha think!?
Such a great tasting recipe shouldn’t also be so easy! If you have a timer, this is a no fail recipe. Seriously, you don’t need a candy thermometer and all that business. My one tip for this recipe is: after the
**Disclaimer: If you make S’mores Crack Candy Recipe it will be eaten.**
S’mores Crack Candy Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 15 graham cracker sheets seperated into 1 crackers
- 1 and 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup marshmallows
- 2 ounce chocolate candy melts or chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread a large sheet of waxed paper on counter. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Line a 15x10 inch sheet pan with foil, spray with non-stick spray.
- Place crackers in pan in a single layer.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar.
- Bring brown sugar and butter to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil 2 mintues.
- Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over graham crackers in pan. Spread so it covers all the crackers evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- Remove and spread evenly with marshmallows
- Turn oven to 400 degrees BROIL
- Return crackers to oven and allow marshmallows to toast approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Quickly remove crackers to a sheet of waxed paper that has been sprayed liberally with non-stick spray. I like to use 2 spatulas to do this.
- Allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments, stir until smooth. Place melted chocolate in a zip-top bag. Snip tiny corner off and drizzle chocolate back and forth over the marshmallows. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
ONE LAST LOOK AT S’mores Crack Candy Recipe