Fresh Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe, luscious and creamy, this pound cake recipe is chock full of fresh blueberries. Spiking the homemade cake with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice brightens the flavor, making it a definite keeper!
It’s summer. I can tell because all I do is cart my kids to and from the pool and clean up after them running in and out of the house all day!
But, seriously, even though it’s true, I wouldn’t change anything. I do miss getting to actually concentrate on my site, but it’ll be over all too soon and I’ll miss the commotion. Bear with me the next 2 months, okay?
I had such an ordeal making Blueberry Mango Cobbler and spent so much money on blueberries. One pint was almost $5 and I ended up going to the store three different times until I perfected the recipe. Two days later I was talking to my Mom about it and she said, “You’re not buying the blueberries are you?” I wanted to say “they’re not falling from the sky.” But refrained since she’s my mom and all. She went on to say, “My blueberries are loaded down. I’ll bring you some.” The next day she showed up with more than three gallons!
I had to find something to make with them. First up, this Fresh Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe.
Fresh Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
- This cake has more flour and more butter than the other pound cake recipes I’ve tried for you. This made it really moist and creamy.
- It took 100 minutes to bake. (That’s 1 hour and 40 minutes.) This is no quick dessert recipe to make. It is well worth the two hours of your life though. Your oven may vary slightly in temperature (especially if it’s not calibrated), cook it until it done. Check doneness by carefully inserting a wooden pick (like a skewer) into the center of the cake. It is done with no crumbs or dry crumbs come of clinging to the pick.
- Even though I used all the tactics of baking so the blueberries would not sink to the bottom, they still sank. I dusted the blueberries in 2 tablespoon flour before adding them to the batter. I also placed half the batter without blueberries in it in the bottom of the tube pan. I then mixed the blueberries in the remaining half of batter and carefully spooned that batter over the other batter. Maybe I had heavy blueberries. They all sank, but the cake was still phenomenal.
Fresh Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
Homemade Fresh Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe is full of sweet blueberries and lemon. It's luscious and moist. Great for pot-lucks, this cake recipe is always a crowd-pleaser.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoon, divided
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups butter, no substitute, at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Spray a tube pan with non-stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, beating 1 minutes after each addition
- Add flour and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with flour
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix to combine
- Pour 1/2 batter into tube pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour to blueberries to coat.
- Add blueberries to remaining 1/2 of batter
- Pour on top of plain batter in tube pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes, test with a long, thin skewer. Cook another 5 to 10 minutes or more until cake is cooked. When tested with a long skewer no crumbs or dry crumbs will cling to skewer.
- Cool on wire rack 30 minutes before inverting onto a serving tray.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Do you like blueberry desserts?
Have you made a Fresh Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe?