A classic southern favorite, Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake is a wonderfully rich and chocolatey cake with coca-cola in both the cake and frosting. Moist, rich chocolate, perfectly textured, and easy to prepare, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
We decided to eat at Cracker Barrel for Easter; I was more than happy for someone else to cook and clean for once. As always, I order the pancakes at Cracker Barrel regardless of what time of day it is.
Furthermore, I never have room for dessert. Ryder didn’t have room either, but he kept looking at the sign for this Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake that sat on the table. About halfway through the meal, probably when he realized he wouldn’t have room for dessert either, he asked me if I could make this chocolate cake for him.
As soon as I got home I started looking through my cookbooks to find the recipe. This is a classic chocolate cake; at least it’s a classic in the South. I’ve had it at church socials and family reunions. My mother made a similar cake that I decided to alter. I’m please with the result.
This Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake is gooey and chocolaty. It’s similar to a brownie except with frosting.
The frosting is velvety smooth, sweet, and has a light chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
Shop this post
You may also like
- Oreo Brownies
- Fudge Better Than Boxed Brownies
- Ultimate Brownies
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosted Brownies
- Caramel Brownies
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- baking pan
For the Cake
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup Coca Cola soda
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 and 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Coke
- 3 Tablespoon cocoa
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
Directions for cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine Coca cola, buttermilk, and vanilla; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar at low speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beat until blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with Coke mixture beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in marshmallows. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 350 degrees 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and allow to cool 3 to 4 minutes before pouring Chocolate Coca-Cola Frosting over cake.
Directions for Frosting
- Boil butter, Coke and cocoa for 1 minute; stirring constantly.
- Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Pour over warm cake.
- Serve warm- plain or with vanilla ice cream. It’s also good cold. Enjoy!