Cream Cheese Brownie Truffles make a fun, easy recipe and sweet treat for the holidays. They are ultra-delicious with only 3 ingredients!
If you are unfamiliar with cake balls, they are made of a baked cake crumbled and mixed with frosting which holds them together. They’re coated in chocolate and can be decorated in various ways. Brownie Truffles are basically ‘cake balls’ but they have cream cheese instead of frosting holding them together.
Also, whoever first developed cake balls, thank you!! Thank you from the bottom of my tummy! You’re a genius!
CREAM CHEESE BROWNIE TRUFFLES
These cake balls, brownie balls, brownie truffles, whatever name you want to call them, are moist, rich, super delicious, and uber easy!
You can use any brownie recipe or even a box mix. You can even use my 2 Ingredient Brownie recipe to make these truffles.
Additionally, you can make them weeks in advance. They freeze well and make tasty dessert bites on your holiday dessert table.
I also like to give them as gifts to neighbors, teachers. and hostess gifts.
For the chocolate coating, I like to use dark chocolate. It’s a nice contrast since the candy bars are so sweet. However, you can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate. I do recommend using Wilton Candy Melts so a smooth even coating.
You can add a decoration on top if you choose or leave them plain.
Melting chocolate can be tricky, frustrating, and irritating! I wrote this post How to Melt Chocolate that may help you.
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIE TRUFFLES
- Make or purchase brownies. If you bake them yourself allow them to cool.
- Crumble the cooled brownies in a large bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese to the bowl and stir with a fork until it’s combined.
- Using a spring-release scoop, form balls from the mixture.
- Dip the chilled balls in melted chocolate.
- Decorate the top
HOW TO DECORATE BROWNIE TRUFFLES
You’ll need to add the toppings before the chocolate hardens so it’ll stick.
- Dip them in dark chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate.
- Top with chopped nuts – pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts
- You can also top with mini chocolate chips
- Sprinkle brownie crumbs on top
- Add crushed peppermint or sprinkles to the top
- You can also turn them into lollipops using these lollipop sticks.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE POSTS
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Spoons
- Peppermint Truffles
- Kentucky Bourbon Balls
- Kit Kat Truffles
- Martha Washington Candy
Cream Cheese Brownie Truffles
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 15.25 ounce box brownie mix make according to the package
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup Wilton candy melts or chocolate chips, melted
- Bake brownies according to directions on the package. Watch closely and do not overbake. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Add the brownies into a large bowl. If there are any hard edges, leave them out.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl and stir until combined with the brownies.
- Using a ¼ cup spring release scoop, form the brownie mixture into balls. Place the balls on a parchment-lined sheet pan, cookie tray, or other flat-bottomed baking dish that will fit into your freezer.
- Chill the balls for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- You can leave the truffles to dry as is or top with sprinkles, brownie crumbs, or drizzle over more chocolate.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can store them in the freezer for 1 month.