Greek Seafood Nachos are a delicious Mediterranean twist on a snack or dinner recipe. They are a fun and simple dinner solution full of fresh ingredients and flavor!
This recipe is perfect for a party, tailgate, snack, or dinner! They’re full of flavor with spice and crunch and perfect for party appetizers.
Traditional nachos have chips, meat, beans, cheese, and some fresh toppings like pico and guacamole. My nachos have all of those components with a Mediterranean seafood twist.
GREEK SEAFOOD NACHOS
- Chips. I fried wonton wrappers but you can also use pitas cut into wedges or pita chips.
- Seafood. This recipe was inspired by a recipe I had at the beach. Therefore, I used shrimp and crawfish. However, if you can’t find or don’t like crawfish simply omit them. Furthermore, you can use ground lamb seasoned Gyro-style. If ground lamb is too expensive or unavailable in your area use ground beef.
- Toppers. I chopped green and red onion, tomatoes, black olives, and pepperoncini peppers. You may want to try chickpeas and cucumbers as well.
- Cheese. Of course, I had to sprinkle on a good helping of feta cheese.
- Extras. You can also add a big dollop of Greek yogurt and/or hummus to your nachos.
MAKE AHEAD INSTRUCTIONS
You can prep the ingredients the day or morning before you want to serve them.
- Prepare the sauce in Step 1 and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Cook the chips as instructions. When they’re cool, place them in an airtight container on the countertop.
- Next, prepare the seafood as directed in step 3. Seal in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Cut all veggie toppings and store them in separate baggies in the refrigerator.
To assemble, follow step 4 in the recipe, and reheat until the seafood and the chips are warm and toasty. Stir the sauce and spoon over the hot nachos along with the green onions and tomatoes. Serve hot.
I had an entrée similar to these Greek Seafood Nachos recently; they were out-of-this-world with the variety of textures and flavors. I piled shrimp and crawfish high on fried wontons and topped with various veggies. This is one dish you’re sure to love.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Fish Nachos
- Chicken and Shrimp Nachos
- Sausage Crawfish Poutine Cheese Fries
- Cajun Etouffee Nachos
- Italian Nachos
- Loaded Nachos
I updated this post from an earlier version. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Greek Seafood Nachos
- ½ package wonton wrappers like these, enough to make a large platter full or pita chips
- oil for frying about 4 cups at least
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pound medium-size shrimp more if you like them meaty
- ½ pound crawfish more if you like them meaty
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ cup green onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste go light on the salt as most Greek seasonings contain salt
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup green red, yellow or orange bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced, or kalamata olives
- ¼ cup pepperoncini sliced
- ½ cup feta crumbled
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Cut wontons in half so that they make a triangle. Heat vegetable or canola oil to medium heat. It should be hot enough that the wonton sizzles when placed in the oil. Cook 30 seconds or until brown, flip when the first side gets brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel. Cook in small batches.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Season shrimp and crawfish with Greek seasoning. (I usually use peeled and cooked crawfish that have been frozen then thawed. I still add them with the shrimp in this step and heat through.) Cook 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat until cook through. Remove from heat and add the onion and peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper while cooking.
- Place the chips on a platter Top with shrimp, crawfish, red onions, bell pepper, black olives, and pepperoncini. Heat in oven 4 to 5 minutes to heat everything through.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle feta, green onions, and tomatoes over the top. Serve immediately.