Rich and creamy, Santa’s Boozy Nightcap is a festive Christmas cocktail and a great way to spread holiday cheer! It’s simple to throw together in less than 5 minutes.
I just love this cocktail. It’s luscious and decadent but easy to make. Easy is the key especially this time of year!😲 (I’m not going to complain because I love my job. However, it’s really hectic with everything else that happens in December.)
When I have friends over I like to have a couple ‘special’ cocktails to serve them. It makes the night extra special in my opinion. This cocktail is a great after dinner cocktail. It’s sweet, thick, and rich. It’s not really a cocktail that you would want to drink all night (in my opinion).
SANTA’S BOOZY NIGHTCAP
I’ve been having fun testing cocktail recipes with Knucklenoggin Salted Caramel Whiskey. It’s so good on it’s on, more like a sipping liqueur than what you typically think of whiskey. And, you know if it’s good by itself it’s really good mixed.
After trying Salted Caramel Whiskey the first time, I knew I wanted to mix it with eggnog. I finally got to test it. Wow! My instincts were right, it’s fantasic!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR SANTA’S BOOZY NIGHTCAP
- Knucklenoggin Salted Caramel Whiskey.
- Eggnog. You can use homemade eggnog or store-bought. I recommend getting one that is flavored with cinnamon.
- Coffee. As well, for the coffee I used regular coffee with no fancy flavors. Actually, I brewed a little extra this morning and refrigerated it.
- Garnish. A simple salt rim is all this cocktail needs. I used caramel ice cream sauce and rimming salt.
HOW TO MAKE SANTA’S BOOZY NIGHTCAP
With just three ingredients it’s super simple to make this drink. I prefer to chill all the ingredients for a cocktail, but if they’re not chilled it’s perfectly fine. When you shake them with ice they’ll get cold.
Add salted caramel whiskey, coffee, and eggnog to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds. Strain it into a pretty rocks glass over ice and serve.
That’s it, guys. I told you it was simple.
If you chose this cocktail recipe to serve to friends, you may also need appetizers recommendations. You’ve come to the right place! 😉
(click photo to open recipe)
- Hot Honey Brie Pecan Bites
- Baked Cranberry Brie Bites
- Muffuletta on a Stick
- Jarcuterie or Charcuterie
- Brie and Onion Bites
- French Quarter Pecan Cheese Spread
- Stuffed Mushrooms
YOU’LL ENJOY THESE COCKTAILS TOO!
- Caramel Mudslide
- Skinny Bailey’s Banana Smoothie
- Bailey’s Banana Smoothie
- Creamy Coffee Milkshake
- Caramel Bourbon Milkshake
- Salted Caramel Hot Toddy
SANTA'S BOOZY NIGHTCAP
- 4 ounces eggnog unflavored
- 2 ounces coffee chilled
- 1 ounce Knucklenoggin salted caramel whiskey
- caramel sauce and salt for rim
- Rim cocktail glass with caramel then salt.
- In a shaker, add eggnog, coffee, and whiskey. Shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass with ice. Serve and enjoy.