An irresistible and easy dinner option, this Undercover Foil Pack Chicken bakes with vegetables in a foil pack in the oven.
This is a super easy recipe to throw together. It’s great for a weeknight when you have worked all day and the kids have activities.
Pin this to your dinner or camping board.
These Undercover Foil Pack Chicken are perfect for meal prep, camping, and parties! They can be cooked over a fire, on a grill, or in the oven. As well, they are portioned so that every packet is one serving. So convenient. Package the Undercover Chicken beforehand and bake when you get in from work or home.
Undercover Foil Pack Chicken
This easy recipe has tons of flavor. This foil pack chicken is moist and tender. I prefer boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I cook them in individual foil packs with sun-dried tomatoes, onions, peppers, and seasonings. Ready in 30 minutes, this recipe is great for busy weeknights.
The combination of vegetables and seasonings is endless. You can also easily adapt the recipe to fit what your family likes. Additionally, it’s a great recipe to get the kids involved and make their own packages.
Add or omit any vegetables you like. I adore sun-dried tomatoes (and if you’re not sure, I highly recommend you try them!). Broccoli, snap peas, and cauliflower would be good in them. As would potatoes. If you use potatoes, cut them thin so they’ll get done by the time the chicken is.
Another tip regarding the chicken, pound or cut the chicken so that each breast is about the same thickness. This way each pack will cook in the same amount of time. Furthermore, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer. They will take slightly longer to cook.
Finally, put as much or as little of the seasoning as you like. I really like a lot of seasoning. But, you may not. Most kids don’t like a lot of seasoning. Therefore, always adjust recipes to fit you and your family. (Albeit, baking is a different story, but when just cooking you can adjust to your heart’s content!)
You’ll enjoy these fan favorites too
Undercover Foil Pack Chicken
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1/2 large yellow red or orange bell peppers, sliced in strips
- 1 medium sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes drained and chopped
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Place 4 to 6 squares of aluminum foil out. Lay chicken breast in the center of each square. Add peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes on chicken. Add more of ingredients you like or omit any you don't.
- Sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Wrap tightly to seal each package.
- Lay on a sheet tray to catch any juices that may run out. Bake 375°F for 25 to 35 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. You may have to cut into one of the breasts to check for doneness.