The Famous Ritz Carlton Hotel Lemon Pound Cake has a fine crumb texture and bright lemon flavor. This classic lemon pound cake is supremely moist & tender! It’s the perfect finale to dinner!
Famous Ritz Carlton Hotel Lemon Pound Cake
I found this recipe in a stack of recipes that were my grandmother’s and have no idea if it actually was served at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Furthermore, I couldn’t find it on any of their menus now. But, being #PoundCakePaula as one reader put it, I have been wanting to test this Famous Ritz Carlton Hotel Lemon Pound Cake for my Pound Cakes Reviewed Series for a long time.
Believe me, I wish I had sooner. This is one of my favorite pound cakes now.
When given a choice between chocolate and lemon I will choose lemon every time. I know that seems bizarre to most people. Lemon is bright and fresh. It’s tart yet sweet.
The lemon flavor is intense. The texture is buttery with a small crumb. It’s tender on the inside crusty on the outside. However, the top did not yield that crusty layer that my Coconut Pound or Whipping Cream Pound Cake does.
Between the golden crust and the lemon flavor, I did not feel this cake needed any frosting or glaze. I do have this wonderful Lemon Glaze if you prefer your Famous Ritz Carlton Hotel Lemon Pound Cake to be sweeter.
Famous Ritz Carlton Hotel Lemon Pound Cake
It’s very important when making this cake to start with room temperature ingredients. Don’t rush the mixing process, make sure each ingredient is combined well before moving to the next one.
As well, sift and measure your flour carefully.
Please read this post for more tips on How to Bake the Perfect Pound Cake.
I can’t stress enough to calibrate your oven. Everyone thinks their oven is the correct temperature, but ovens really need to be calibrated every year. For more information, please read How to Calibrate your Oven.
Below are a few pound cake recipes that I’ve reviewed. Click the photo for the recipe. You can get all of the recipes here: Pound Cakes Reviewed.
Shop this post
- Brands I recommend Crisco solid vegetable shortening, and White Lily or Martha White flour. Pans and more recommendations here.
- I have found solid vegetable shortening and sugar instead of flour to be the best for coating the pan with to prevent sticking. By using sugar instead of flour, you won’t have white patches on the cake. You can use flour if you prefer.
- If you use a bundt pan instead of a tube pan, make sure it’s a taller bundt, about 5 inches tall.
- I couldn’t do with my stand mixer for baking!
The Famous Ritz Carlton Hotel Lemon Pound Cake has a fine crumb texture and bright lemon flavor. This classic lemon pound cake is supremely moist & tender! It's the perfect finale to dinner!
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening at room temperature
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- Grease and sugar or flour a 10 inch tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time beating until the yellow is incorporated before adding the next egg.
With the mixer on low, add dry ingredients alternating with the heavy cream and milk. (Add 1/3 dry ingredients, add heavy cream, add 1/3 dry ingredients, add milk, add last 1/3 dry ingredients.
- Mix in lemon juice and zest.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes before inverting on a serving tray.
- Cool completely before covering.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
This post contains an affiliate link. If you click the link and make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.