Homemade Sour Cream Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting, laced with a cinnamon swirl, this cake is buttery, yet light and is smothered in sweet cream cheese frosting.
I’m kind of in love with this cake! Cinnamon Rolls are my most favorite food ever. I’ve been wanting to make a Pound Cake inspired by cinnamon rolls for a long time. Unfortunately, I’m just getting to it.
I so wish I hadn’t waited so long!
Because of the cinnamon ribbon running throughout, this cake reminds me of the Sock It to Me Cake that my Grandmother used to make. Do you remember that cake? While it was good, it doesn’t compare to the deliciousness of this recipe.
Homemade Sour Cream Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting has a mild cinnamon flavor. I was careful not to overpower the cake with a strong cinnamon flavor. The result, I think, is the perfect blend of cinnamon roll and traditional pound cake flavor.
Homemade Sour Cream Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting Tips
- First of all, I use a 10-inch round by 4 inch deep tube pan to bake my pound cakes. I find cakes easier to remove using a tube pan versus a bundt pan.
- When it comes to measuring flour, a cup is not always a cup. Please read this post on how to correctly measure flour.
- Next, cream the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. The color will actually change to a very pale yellow.
- Also, add the eggs one at a time. Allow the mixer to swirl the egg into the batter until most of it is incorporated before you add the next egg.
- I use this basic Cream Cheese Frosting recipe adding 2 more tablespoons of milk to make it thinner. I place half of the frosting in a freezer zip-top bag and snip the corner off and drizzle the frosting over the cake. (I refrigerate the remaining frosting for Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes. You can also half the frosting recipe for no left-overs.)
- Finally, allow the cake to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan before inverting it onto a platter. I love a pound cake that still warm so serve it warm if you like. It will take this dense cake a couple of hours to cool completely. You’ll want to make sure it’s completely cool before covering it.
Homemade Sour Cream Cinnamon roll pound cake recipe with cream cheese frosting
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ½ cups butter
- 2 and ½ cups granulated sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- *solid vegetable shortening and granulated sugar for pan
- In the bowl of a mixer add butter. beat until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy and light yellow.
- Add eggs one at a time until just combined.
- Add vanilla.
- On low speed, add flour to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour. Do not mix too much after adding flour.
- Spoon 3/4 of the batter into prepared pan. Crumble the cinnamon mixture over the batter.
- Run a spatula through the center of the cinnamon mixture to swirl.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 75 to 85 minutes it 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle with cream cheese frosting.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cream cheese and butter. Slowly add sugar alternately with milk and vanilla. Add more milk if needed to get a pourable consistency. Put in a ziptop bag and snip the corner off. Drizzle over cake.
Check out all my POUND CAKE recipes here!