Avocado and Egg Salad (for 1)
- 2-3 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 large egg boiled
- ½ medium avocado sliced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce optional
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast optional
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons feta crmbled
- 1 tablespoon fat-free Ceasar salad dressing
- 3 mini rice cakes crumbled
- In a bowl, layer lettuce, egg, avocado, feta, flax seeds, nutritional yeast, Shirachi, dressing, and crumbled rice chips.
When I was training for a half marathon, I’ll be honest, I really had to watch what I ate because I was hungry all the time. I tried to eat fruits and veggies and get in any extra nutrients that I could.
For a quick after-run breakfast I sliced fruit and dipped it in Greek yogurt
Fruit with yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blackberries or blueberries
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Wash fruit and slice. Dip in yogurt.
For an easy snack sprinkle 1 tablespoon PB2, a powdered peanut butter, over one medium banana and enjoy.
Directions for the peanut butter is to reconstitute it with water. I prefer to sprinkle it dry on a sliced banana.
For the full recipe, click on the box that says ‘make this recipe’.
You may also enjoy these healthy snacks: