Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos are unbelievably tender, juicy, versatile, and easy to make in your Crock-Pot! They are great for large crowds, busy nights, and make-ahead meals.
For a low carb version, serve with these low carb tortillas, wrapped in lettuce, or over cauliflower rice.
This basic pulled pork recipe is so versatile! Not only does it make tasty tacos but you can make burritos, nachos, salads, quesadillas, and sandwiches with it.
I always use a Boston Butt, which to my understanding is the same as pork shoulder. It’s cheap and they’re large so I can feed a lot of people or have leftovers for sandwiches, tacos, and nachos. I usually get 3 or 4 lunches and dinners out of one Boston Butt.
To reheat pulled pork, I like to use the oven. I wrap the pork in aluminum foil or in an oven-safe pan (with the lid on) and reheat at 350°. The length of time will vary depending on how much meat your heating. You’ll just have to check it to see when it’s heated through.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
If you want an authentic smoked pork shoulder, this post, Smokin’ Butts, is a great resource. It gives detailed information and step by step photos. However, at times when it’s super cold, I make this slow cooker recipe.
How can I dress my pork tacos?
I added kale slaw and chipotle ranch. However, you can choose any number of classic or non-traditional toppings for your tacos.
- Sour Cream
- pico de gallo
- BBQ sauce
- Enchilada sauce
- Pineapple salsa
- Red Onion Avocado and Mango Salsa
- Tex Mex Slaw
What can I serve with my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos?
- Mexican Rice
- Black Beans
- Quesabirria Tacos
- Mexican Street Corn
- Corn Salad
- Mexican Kale Slaw
- Skillet Mexican Street Corn
Are you looking for more pork recipes?
Tacos Pastor Pork Burger
Spicy Jalapeno Pepper Jelly and Basil Sauce Pork Burgers
Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Honey Soy Pork Loin
Apple Slaw Pork Loin Tacos
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the pork shoulder
- 2.5-3 pound pork shoulder
- 2-3 tablespoons bbq seasoning/rub Homemade recipe, your favorite, or this is a good one
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- flour or corn tortillas
- slaw or kale slaw
- corn, black beans, tomatoes, red onions
- avocadoes, sour cream, pico, guacamole
- bbq sauce, ranch dressing
- Mix together the ingredients for the bbq seasoning in a small bowl. As well, you can purchase bbq seasoning. Use your favorite or this is a good one.
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke in a small bowl, Carefully pour over the pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours until tender. (I really don't like this recipe as well when it's cooked on high.)
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return the meat back to the slow cooker and turn to warm.
- You can serve this meat on buns, in quesadillas, in tacos, on a salad, or over tortilla chips.
- Warm tortillas. Place meat, slaw, and whatever toppings you want in tortilla. Enjoy.
You can also find great recipes at my recipe index, Meal Plan Monday, or Weekend Potluck
Leave a Reply