Keto Cheesy Balsamic Chicken (aka Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken), the combination of chicken, cheese, balsamic vinegar, and grape tomatoes is heavenly. This cheesy, comforting goodness is a hearty and cozy meal while still being low-carb.
This is the perfect weeknight meal that is hearty, full of flavor, and will please the entire family!
KETO CHEESY BALSAMIC CHICKEN
I love this recipe. It’s easy, tender, cheesy, and juicy. Like my One Pot Italian Sausage Orzo and One Pan Baked Caprese Orzo, this balsamic chicken recipe is made in one pan. Plus, the leftovers are just as good, if not better, when they’re reheated.
To store leftovers, allow them to cool down completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
Furthermore, you can add quinoa, rice, or orzo, if you’re not counting carbs, to stretch the meal and your budget even further.
CAN I FREEZE CHEESY BALSAMIC CHICKEN?
Yes, absolutely. This chicken recipe freezes beautifully. Allow everything to cool completely, cover your dish with plastic wrap, and then cover it with foil. As well, you can plan in an airtight container. I don’t like to keep dishes frozen for more than a month but it can be frozen up to 8 weeks.
When you’re ready to bake it, allow it to thaw completely in the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap and return the foil on top then pop it in the oven and cook until heated through. The time to reheat depends on how much is in the pan and your oven. Simply check the middle pieces of chicken, when they’re heated remove them and serve.
You can also reheat it in the microwave with medium-low heat until the heated through. (I prefer to reheat it in the oven.)
Take note, the tomatoes tend to get mushy during the process of freezing and reheating. It doesn’t bother me especially if I have rice, quinoa, or pasta. However, you can add fresh tomatoes when you reheat them if you prefer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- chicken breasts
- extra virgin olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- garlic minced
- grape tomatoes
- white onion
- balsamic vinegar
- mozzarella cheese
- parsley. If desired
Click the photo below for your new family’s favorite recipes!
Want more delicious recipes? Check these out
- Cheesy Chicken
- Best Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Crack Chicken Casserole
- Pull-Apart Pesto Chicken Sliders
- Stove Top Cajun Butter Chicken Bites
- Caprese Chicken
- Pepperoni and Salami Stromboli Recipe
- 20 Weeknight A+ Back-to-School Dinner Recipes
- Copycat Cajun Cafe Bourbon Chicken Bites
- Keto Cheese Biscuits with Almond Flour
Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment. Your 5-star rating helps others find our recipe when they do a Google search
KETO CHEESY BALSAMIC CHICKEN
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 medium (about 9 oz | 250 g per breast) chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 cup (8.81 oz | 250 g) grape tomatoes halved
- 1 small white onion peeled and thinly sliced, or red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ¾ cup (5.99 oz | 170 g) mozzarella cheese shredded
- garnish with chopped parsley, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 430 F | 220 C.Grease a baking dish and place the chicken.
- Drizzle olive oil and rub the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Arrange tomatoes and onion around the chicken. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Transfer the baking dish to a baking tray and bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the chicken with the mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator.