Stovetop Pesto Chicken is a fast and easy recipe restaurant-style meal that you can create at home in just 30 minutes. This easy dinner is perfect for weeknights.
STOVETOP PESTO CHICKEN
I recommend using fresh garlic for this recipe. It’s much better than dried, ground garlic.
Try adding broccoli or cauliflower along with the tomatoes to increase nutrients.
As well, if you have a non-stick pan it’ll help with clean-up.
As always, use more or less seasoning and pesto to your liking.
I prefer chicken breast, but you can use thighs if you want.
I don’t recommend substituting anything with the whipping cream. It adds creaminess and flavor. If you have to you can sub with cream cheese. They’ll be a slight difference in taste.
Creamy Chicken Pesto with Tomato is:
What sides to serve with this?
You can also make this recipe with another protein like pork chops.
How do I store leftovers?
Allow it to cool down completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Try leftovers in a sandwich, grilled cheese, or salad.
How do I freeze Stovetop Pesto Chicken?
Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to one month.
Here are a few more recipes to enjoy
- One Pan Keto Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken
- Tipsy Italian Sausage Pasta
- Ground Beef Mongolian Pasta
- Easy Strawberry Cake
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Old Fashioned Blue Ribbon Pound Cake
- Pecan Cobbler
- Italian Sausage in Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta
- Stove Top Chicken Ricotta Pasta
- Easy Healthy Pasta and Veggies
- Shrimp Pasta in Spicy New Orleans Tomato Cream Sauce
- Mississippi Sin Pasta Recipe
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Finally, have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5 rating and comment. Your 5 star rating helps others find our recipe when they do a Google search
STOVETOP PESTO CHICKEN
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 medium chicken breast skinless, boneless
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea salt to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 medium cloves garlic crushed
- 8.81 oz | 250 g grape tomatoes
- ¾ cup basil pesto store-bought (7.05 oz | 200 g)
- ½ cup (4.22 fl.oz | 125 ml) heavy whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet with olive oil on medium heat. Sear chicken on each side for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté onion, garlic, and tomatoes for 2 minutes.
- Add pesto, heavy cream, and parmesan. Stir and bring to a simmer. Return chicken breast in the skillet.
- Cover chicken with the sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
- Store 3-5 days in refrigerator