What to Serve with Potato Soup… If you think the only thing you can serve with potato soup is cheese, bacon, and a side of bread. I’m here to change that perception. Trying one of my side suggestions to kick up your soup to a memorable meal.
I enjoy serving soup during the colder months to warm my bones and fill my belly! Sandwiches, salads, and sides can turn your bowl of soup into a well-rounded meal while still allowing the homemade soup to be the star of the show.
I have three go-to Potato Soup recipes. Each one is simple to make and taste delectable.
Potato Pimento Cheese Soup (click here or the photo for the recipe)
Hash Brown Slow Cooker Potato Soup
What to Serve with Potato Soup
When choosing your pairings consider:
- Is it going with the soup? Try a crusty sourdough for dipping in chowder. Salads with a light dressing go well with potato soup.
- Is it going on the soup? Everyone loves bacon bits, except vegetarians, of course. Green onions and shredded cheese are great options.
- Is it going in the soup? Why not add a dollop of sour cream or pesto that gets stirred in? As a bonus, these look beautiful for presenting the soup.
Dill, thyme, rosemary, and tarragon are all great candidates for adding depth and surprise to potato soups. And don’t forget the chives, leeks, and jalapeno peppers. A drizzle of balsamic reduction is an amazing surprise in potato soup.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO Call Me Pmc Newsletter FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX! You may also want to join my Facebook Group, Call Me Pmc- Easy Recipes.
Shop this post
- These bowls are fun and festive
- I adore soup crocks with handles
- Add a little elegance
- Beautiful ladle
- If rustic is more your style
Here are my recommendations to serve with the aforementioned potato soup recipes. (Click the photo for the recipe.)
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index or at Meal Plan Monday
Johanna Belleman says
I grew up in Southern West Virginia. My aunt would make potato soup and hot dogs. Inexpensive yet filling. Everytime I see “potato soup” I think of hot dogs.
I have similar food memories. I never make tea cakes without thinking of my great grandmother.
Hello Paula wondering how do you make your tea cakes if you dont mind sharing?
Hey Rachel, here’s my Tea Cake recipe> https://www.callmepmc.com/favorite-old-fashion-tea-cakes-recipe/
Michael K Phillips says
Why is it you do not have search engine?
You can search my site at the top right side of the page.